Southlake Tutoring Academy offers some of the most individualized, innovative and distinguished tutoring and enrichment programs in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area.
Southlake Tutoring Academy is the brain child of Chuck and Jean Lo, born out of their quest to provide the best possible extracurricular activities to enhance their children’s education. With both Chuck and Jean working, they soon realized how difficult it was to, after school and on weekends, transport their three children to private tutors, music lessons, and art classes. They became determined to find a better alternative. Southlake Tutoring Academy is the result of that quest.
Southlake Tutoring Academy is dedicated to innovation and excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship, and creative activity in order to meet the intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child. This is done in an environment where academic excellence is emphasized.
Southlake Tutoring Academy seeks to create a challenging environment that encourages high expectations for success for students who are motivated by ideals of sound character, effective performance, and personal accountability.
Our core purpose is to EDUCATE * INSPIRE * EMPOWER students for academic success and life-long learning, as well as to help students find their stride and accomplish their goals.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
We believe that a child’s education starts in the home with two nurturing parents and is assisted by outside resources such as those provided by Southlake Tutoring Academy.
We believe in the cultivation of character.
We believe that each child is an individual with a need to succeed and be creative.
We believe that a strong foundational base is necessary for future academic success and the pursuit of life-long learning.
We believe in supporting the freedom to pursue knowledge that is based on individual and collective intelligence, curiosity, ingenuity, and creativity.
We believe in developing personal accountability and responsibility for achievement of common goals and objectives.
Goals and Objectives
Tutor and student will work together:
– To develop personal goals and commit to their own academic success;
– To grow in an understanding of themselves and cultivate the ability to employ this knowledge for self-development for mental, emotional, and physical health;
– To develop effectiveness in the use of communication, both spoken and written, employing analytical and logical thinking processes;
– To grow in understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of literature and the arts by participating in aesthetic and creative activities;
– To prepare for continuing study by becoming adept with methods of scholarly research and analysis